Instagram

Thursday, February 3, 2011

4th Grade Warhol Prints




These are examples from a 4th grade printmaking project.  4th grade students learned about Andy Warhol and other important artists in the Pop Art movement.  Students learned that Pop Artists usually take ordinary objects and turn them into art.  Each student chose something from their everyday life and pressed their image into foam printmaking sheets.  They then learned about using ink and brayers to create a total of four prints.  

3 comments:

Chesterbrook Academy Elementary said...

Just beautiful

Brittni said...

I am a new art teacher at an elementary school and have stumbled upon your blog. I love the things you have done! The only problem I am having is that I have no clue where to begin teaching art because my major was birth-kindergarten. I love this activity with pop artists and really think my fourth/fifth graders would like this. Can you please explain to me the materials and how you do this?

Zach Stoller said...

Brittni-
I have a couple of links for you to check out. First, go here--> Printing Foam to see the foam material I use for the printmaking. It is a foam similar to the kind that meat comes in at the grocery store. The idea is that kids press down into the foam with a blunt tool to create an image. You then roll block printing ink onto the foam with a brayer and press it down onto any kind of paper you want.

The other link I have for you is my most recent post of this project. --> 4th Grade Pop Art Prints This year I have been including my full lesson plans with each post so other people can use them. There is a link at the bottom of the post that will take you to the Word file at Google Docs.

If you have any other questions at all, feel free to let me know. I'm more than happy to help in any way I can!
-Zach