Instagram

Thursday, September 22, 2016

Back to school....now?!?

Some bloggers write all summer long. Good for you if you're one of those all-stars! Summer is definitely a break from blogging for me. My school district started the year on August 15th. You may have noticed that I haven't posted since then. Is it because my summer lasted a little longer this year. 

Do I know some sort of secret loophole embedded deep in my contract that allowed me to spend more time at the pool while the rest of the staff was busy teaching? Well, kind of. 

That part of the contract would deal with paternity leave. My wife and I welcomed our second daughter into the world on August 10th. Her name is Graylie and she's pretty awesome. 
Big sister and little sister!

I was lucky enough to be able to spend the first month of school at home to help out with the new addition to my family. 

Of course that means that I had to write a mess of sub plans and trust someone else to start the year for me. That alone was no easy task. All in all, I really enjoyed the extra family time and I know my wife appreciated the help. 

Now I'm back to school. I'm one week in and getting back into the swing of things. New posts will be coming soon. There are a lot of changes this year with the addition of traveling related arts teachers, new projects, new technology, and continued creative learning. I'm looking forward to a great year! 

2 comments:

NickScrapShack said...

Congratulations she is adorable. Looking forward to the new adventures in your art room

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for sharing your ideas and lesson plans. Very exciting and inspirational!!!!