Instagram

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

5th Grade Flip Books


Flip book time! I usually like to use flip books as the last project of the year for my 4th grade students. It provides a good introduction for animation and is an ideal end of the year project. Somehow, we ran out of time last year. I'm not entirely sure what happened. You know how it goes. 

My 5th graders started out this school year with a three class flip book project. I require that the books be at least 20 pages. Less than that doesn't allow the animation to be flipped very easily. I just use copy paper that I cut into quarters. It is transparent enough to allow students to see through in order to create movement in their work. 

I usually don't post my teacher examples, but this one is just too much fun. What do you get when you cross a potato with a top hat, a banana peel, an ice cream cone, and 50 pages of flip book animation? This!

No comments: