Instagram

Thursday, May 22, 2014

Wow


Sometimes I'm just blown away in my classroom. Today was one of those days. A student with Down's finished a project early and the amazing paraprofessional who works with him asked if we could get out some watercolor paints for the student to work with. The student worked for 25 minutes, fully engrossed in what he was doing. When he finished, he wanted to tell me about his painting. He told me he had painted a storm. It's cool how moments like these aren't ever planned or predetermined. They just happen. It makes me happy.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Isn't it amazing, e creativity in these wonderful children. Someone jus needs to be that spark to ignite the art in them :)

Mary said...

What a great moment! Thanks for sharing.

Elvamaria said...

That's so awesome...great moment!