Instagram

Monday, October 18, 2010

3rd Grade Aboriginal Animals




3rd grade students recently finished their first big project of the school year!  They learned about the Aboriginal culture from Australia.  Aboriginal artists have been around for hundreds of years, often making their own paint and painting on everything from stone walls to bark and paper.  Each 3rd grader chose an Australian animal and drew it in the typical "x-ray" style of the Aboriginal people.  The backgrounds are painted with q-tips in order to make a dot pattern.  Great work, 3rd grade!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I did a similar lesson and I thought you might want to check out some of my Aboriginal Art resources I also posted! :) yours look great. I like the patterns with the dots in the background! Here is the link to my blog with both posts:
http://theartofeducation.wordpress.com/category/3rd-grade-lessons/
-Jessica